Last night we had Ahouseholdkate and her family over and the kids got to play with some glow-bracelets. This morning they had died out. The kids were still playing with them pretending they were rings to toss and so forth. Evelyn then marches up to me and asks if I can clean her tongue. I ask why and she tells me “it’s orange”. Alarm bells sound in my head so calmly I ask, “What did you eat?”
She answers back, “a glow stick.” Yet again I call poison control and yet again I get the greatest help. Apparently this is common during fourth of July and Halloween. They are non-toxic and foul tasting to full ingestion is rare. Have them rinse and spit, they might have a little numbness but all is well. Once again poison control is on my list of loves and if you don’t have the number programmed into your phone or taped to fridge DO IT NOW!!!!